CASNR student selected to present a poster at Capitol Hill
- Tyler Grimes, Plant and soil sciences senior was selected to present his research poster on "glyphosphate resistant marestail in Oklahoma", at The Council on Undergraduate Research event on Capitol Hill in Washington DC.
CASNR students receive Women Faculty Council Awards
- Clairissa Craige from Animal Science and Megan Prouty from Entomology were the receipients of 2012 Research Awards presented by Women Faculty Council.
CASNR student selected for USDA's honor
- Jason Harris of Agricultural Economics was selected to attend USDA's 2012 Agricultural Outlook Forum.
Dr. Steve Damron receives a Distinguished Faculty Service Award
- Dr Steve Damron, Interim Assistant Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, has received Correspondence Education Distinguished Faculty Service Award for 2010-2011
Kelsey Lee's proposal selected for presentation at Annual Conference on First year Experience
- Kelsey Lee's proposal titled 'The First Year Experience in Living Learning Communities' was selected for presentation at The Annual Conference on First Year Experience. It was selected from the 449 proposal submissions.
CASNR student honored with a National Award
- Wilmon Brown III, a senior Majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, has received a National Award for outstanding research poster. In addition, J.Conner Ferguson (a plant and Soil Sciences graduate) and Vicky Kelly (an Entomology graduate) were nominated for Student awards.
CASNR students in PHI KAPPA PHI
- PHI KAPPA PHI a selective honor society for top ranking students has annouced its new members. Samantha Bilko, Ashley Bradbeary, Kimberly Branham, Riley Buckley, Mary Catherine Connolly, Joanne Michelle Darling, Kristen Michelle Davis, Taylor Eckert, John R. Evans, Sandie Michelle Gibson, Derek Andrew Griffing, Andrew Harding, Cody Hixon, Forrest L. Hunt, Grace Ingalls, Laura Elizabeth jones, Kaitlyn Jeanne Lingus, Brian Austin Livesay, Kathleen A. Robinson, Matthew Tyler Smallwood, Mackenzie Smith, Michael Veronneau, Jessica Villm, Amanda K. Watson, Jace Tyler White, Melissa A. Williams were selected for College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
Plant and soil sciences students honored at international meeting
- Students of Plant and Soil Sciences have received various awards for excellence and achievements at the 2011 International International Annual Meeting of the American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society, Soil Science Society.
- Austin Terhune and Andrew Whitaker were honored as Golden Opportunity Scholarship recipients.
- Jared Crain has received International Plant Nutrition institute Scholar Award 2011.
- Samantha Ambrose received the Frank D. Keim Graduate fellowship.
- Meagan Morris received Cross-Cultural Experience scholarship.
- Romulo Lollato was third in CSSA Division C3 Master of Science Poster Competition.
- Tyler Grimmes was third in Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Ethan Wyatt and Terhune secured fifth place in the Club Poster Contest.
- Cameron McAnally was named Incoming corresponding Secretary for the students of Agronomy, Soils and Environmental Sciences.
- Cody Claffin and Elke Grether were honored as outgoing SASES officer
- Kristen Hansen was honored outgoing SASES committee chair.
Dr Leon Spicer received OSU International Education Faculty Excellence Award 2011
- Dr Leon Spicer from College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources received an OSU International Education Faculty Excellence Award 2011.