Suit up for the CASNR Interview Contest
CASNR Career Services is excited to host its inaugural interview contest for undergraduate and graduate students in the college Feb. 19. Participants will have the opportunity to develop, practice and demonstrate their interview skills for a chance to win a free suit and many other great prizes.
The competition is designed for CASNR students to develop, practice and demonstrate skills needed for seeking professional internship and/or full‐time employment or admission into graduate or professional school. Each part of the event simulates, as closely as possible, real‐world activities that students would experience in pursuing such opportunities. The contest is developed to help students in their current search for internship, full‐time career or continuing education opportunities.
The contest will be split into two separate divisions, a job interview and a graduate/professional school interview. Industry professionals and representatives of graduate/professional schools will score respective divisions. Participants will be asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references to register. The day of the interviews will include three personal interviews and the submission of a written thank you note and follow-up email.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three individuals in each division.
- First place is a custom ordered suit donated from Cintas, an orange OSU portfolio and a soft side briefcase.
- Second place is $50 of credit provided by Northside Laundry and Cleaners, an orange OSU portfolio and a soft side briefcase.
- Third place is an orange OSU portfolio and a soft side briefcase.
Students interested in registering must do so through the Hire System at HireOSUGrads.com by midnight on Feb. 1.
For questions and more information contact Amy Gazaway at 405.744.9464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for students interested in participating in the contest
A full list of contest guidelines can be found online.
- Upload your current resume, cover letter and reference page to your OSU Hire System account.
- In the OSU Hire System use the “Search Jobs & On-Campus Interviews” menu to search for the keyword “CASNR
- Select three job postings for your selected contest division, apply for all three postings using your uploaded documents, and sign up for an interview time on each of the three schedules.
You should target your resume and cover letters to the career opportunity of your choice.
In addition to students’ interview evaluations, the resumes and cover letters will be scored and will factor into the scoring of the overall contest. At the conclusion of the last interview the student will need to write a thank you letter and a follow up email to the final interviewer. These will also be scored and will factor into the overall score.