Student Success Leaders
Return to main Student Involvement page here.
The Student Success Leaders are a select group of students who provide outstanding service to the College and community by providing peer education and/or mentoring to assist with efforts related to recruitment, student development and retention, and career development. There are five Student Success Leader teams within CASNR:
- AG 1011 SAMs | Provide personal attention to small groups in the freshman orientation class
- CASNR Ambassadors | Assist with prospective student recruitment
- Career Liaisons | Serve as peer career mentors for students
- Freshmen in Transition Student Academic Mentors (FIT SAMs) | Live with and serve as mentors for CASNR FIT students
- Success Coaches for Outstanding Transfers (SCOUTs) | Mentor incoming CASNR transfer students
How to become a Student Success Leader:
- Currently pursuing an academic major within CASNR, and continued work towards a CASNR major throughout 2017-2018 academic year
- 3.0 cumulative GPA at beginning of term of service and maintained throughout 2017-2018 academic year, semester GPA below 2.75 shall result in probationary status.
- At least 12 hours of earned college credit by beginning of 2017-2018 academic year (Ambassador candidates must have at least 12 hours earned at OSU-Stillwater)
Applications are due February 17, 2017.