College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
CASNR names outstanding freshmen
Apr 28, 2016
- Alva, Oklahoma, native, Courtney Mapes, was named Oklahoma State University’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Charles and Magda Browning Outstanding Freshman for 2016.
CASNR names outstanding senior and seniors of distinction
Apr 28, 2016
- Wyandotte, Oklahoma, native, Kalyn McKibben, was named Oklahoma State University’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Louis and Betty Gardner Outstanding Senior for 2016.
CASNR awards $600,000 in student scholarships at annual scholarships and awards banquet
Apr 20, 2016
- Oklahoma State University’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources awarded approximately $600,000 in scholarships to more than 300 CASNR students at the annual CASNR Scholarships and Awards Banquet March 31.
OSU Range Club earns national recognition among peers
Apr 06, 2016
- Recently, at the 2016 Society for Range Management Annual Meeting, Technical Training and Trade Show in Corpus Christi, Texas, the OSU Range Club did both. Club members competed with university range programs from Mexico, Canada and the United States and won 1st place in the Display Board competition.
Governor honors four from OSU with ag awards
Apr 06, 2016
- As far as Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources wheat researcher Brett Carver is concerned, there is not a better way to live one's life than to enable others.
CASNR student wins grand price at Research Day at the Capitol
Apr 06, 2016
- A pair of Oklahoma State University students won top awards for presentations March 29 at Research Day at the Capitol, including student Christian Ley, winner of the competition’s grand prize.
All Videos: OSTATE TV for DASNR
- Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- Oklahoma State University's Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources is dedicated to making available science-based information relevant to improving the quality of life for the people of Oklahoma. The Division is comprised of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources and two state agencies: the Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station and the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service.
- Land Grant Mission
- A look at how land grant colleges started and how OSU fits into that.
- IN THE NEWS: OSU Offering Free Online Course in Food Production
- OSU is offering a free online course in food production. During the spring 2015 semester, participants will learn about a wide range of topics from how animals are raised on a farm to pricing food at the store. For more information, go to http://casnr.okstate.edu/farm-to-fork. Here's the story from KOKH, FOX 25 News in Oklahoma City....
Fulbright US Student Grants
Jan 27, 2016from Jan 27, 2016 09:05 AM to Sep 15, 2016 05:00 PM
- Are you interested in conducting research or teaching English for a year abroad?! If so, applying for a Fulbright US Student Grant! Applications open March 31 and the campus deadline is in September 2016.
Harper County Resident Scholarship
May 01, 2016May 01, 2016 05:00 PM
- Max Barth, Jr. served on the Harper County Conservation District Board from 1974 – 2005. Max had a passion for conservation and one of his top priorities was to support all conservation youth activities. He was an avid supporter of the Land Judging Contest, Resource Awareness Scholarships for teachers and many, many other conservation and educational events. Many times, Max would sponsor teachers and students out of his own pocket to make sure everyone had the opportunity to attend any conservation class or event. The Harper County Conservation District would like to honor Max and the Barth Family for his dedication to conservation by offering a $500 scholarship to High School Seniors or college students that are residents of Harper County. Applications due May 1.
Graduate Commencement Ceremony
May 06, 2016May 06, 2016 07:00 PM — Gallagher-Iba Arena,
- A graduate commencement ceremony will be conducted Friday evening, May 6 in Gallagher-Iba Arena. A reception will follow for all graduate and doctoral candidates and their families to attend.
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
May 07, 2016May 07, 2016 09:30 AM — Gallagher-Iba Arena,
- On Saturday May 7, CASNR graduation activities will consist of a college reception, and a 9:30 a.m. commencement ceremony combined with the Spears School of Business. Graduates have been notified of the locations, times and contingency plans for graduation activities.
Syngenta Agricultural Scholarship
May 26, 2016May 26, 2016 05:00 PM
- Syngenta announces the launch of their annual national Syngenta Agricultural Scholarship program, available to U.S. land-grant university students currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degrees in crop-related disciplines. Students must submit a 750- to 1,000-word essay on a topic chosen by Syngenta. Applications accepted until May 26, 2016.
Farm Credit 2016 Scholarship Program
May 31, 2016May 31, 2016 05:00 PM
- The Farm Credit Associates of Oklahoma Scholarship Program provides financial assistance for Oklahoma State University sophomore, junior or senior students pursuing any area of study in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. Up to five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded. Applications are due by May 31, 2016.